Do you own a swimming pool and want it to be spotless?
I have the solution for you !
When the first rays of sun begin to emerge, there is nothing more frustrating than spending hours cleaning your pool without being able to enjoy it immediately. You hear the laughter of your neighbors who are already enjoying it as you struggle, your net in hand. I have known that!
In search of a solution, I scoured the websites of the manufacturers, compared the performances and the prices and I was finally won over by a model that I tried, this is the Hayward TIGERSHARK Quick Clean Pool Robot who i think is one of the best garden pool robots.
A pool robot is a small concentrate of technology that will clean your pool on its own, independently, regardless of the shape of the pool or the type of coating. In short, it will change your life! Here is my selection of robot cleaners that are helpful.
- 1 Top 5 best swimming pool robots 2020
- 1.1 Which pool robot to buy?
- 1.2 1. Intex 28001 Pool robot pool bottom cleaner
- 1.3 2. Maytronics Dolphin E10 Electric Pool Robot
- 1.4 3. Hayward TigerShark Quick clean (QC), Automatic cleaner
- 1.5 4. Dolphin swash cl Electric pool and wall bottom robot
- 1.6 5. Zodiac Vortex OV 3505 robot Bottom / Walls Liner / Polyester / Concrete coverings, Remote controlled
- 1.7 What is an efficient swimming pool robot?
- 2 How to choose your pool robot? – Purchase guide
- 3 Advantages & Disadvantages of a swimming pool robot
- 4 The model we recommend
- 5 Conclusion
Top 5 best swimming pool robots 2020
(Smartphone: scroll the table to the right >>>)
A swimming pool cleaning robot allows to easily clean and evacuate anything that collects at the bottom of your pool. It is of great use not to have the unpleasant feeling of a dirty pool bottom when swimming in the summer. Thus, there are several types of robot models on the market with different qualities and functions.
Therefore, you have to make a choice among all available models. You will have to take into account several aspects before making a final choice. We will help you so take the time to read the guide below.
Which pool robot to buy?
To start, I suggest you discover my 5 favorite cleaning robots. You will undoubtedly choose one of them.
- Automatic pool cleaner – It automatically sucks the bottom of the pool by the venturi effect
- Automatic reversal of direction for a complete cleaning of the bottom of your pool
- The 7.50 m hose is easily connected to the existing nozzles of your pool with a diameter of 32 (with an adapter not supplied) or 38mm
- The 28001 robot is compatible with filtration with a minimum flow rate of 6m3 / h
- Not suitable for in-ground pools
2. Maytronics Dolphin E10 Electric Pool Robot
3. Hayward TigerShark Quick clean (QC), Automatic cleaner
- Cleans Pools up to 12m, Bottom and Walls, 2h30 cycle
- Advanced sweeping program: cleans the entire pool in just 2.5 hours
- Filter cartridges: picks up all debris, impurities and even fine dust particles.
- Cable length: 18 m
- Supplied with transport trolley – 2 year warranty
5. Zodiac Vortex OV 3505 robot Bottom / Walls Liner / Polyester / Concrete coverings, Remote controlled
- Intelligent robot cleaner for inground and above ground pools with rigid walls of all shapes (max. 12 x 6 m), Suitable for liner, polyester shell, reinforced PVC and painted concrete, For flat basin bottom, with gentle / compound slopes, tip of …
- 6 cycles: bottom only (duration: 1h, 1h30, 2h) and bottom / walls / water line (duration: 2h, 2h30, 3h) with pre-programmed movements for a methodical cleaning of your pool, Effective dirt removal thanks to the flap brushes
- 5L fine mesh 100µ capacity filter for optimal debris retention, Optional: filter for larger debris (200µ) ideal for cleaning at the start of the season and filter for finer debris (60µ) suitable for dust and pollen
- Patented cyclonic suction for powerful and constant cleaning performance, Kinetic remote control included, Filter accessible from above, Connection to mains socket (230V), Unsuitable for safety ledge, …
- Content: 1x Zodiac Vortex OV 3505 electric robot, Gray / Cyan, Weight: 9.5kg (about 15kg with water), Dimensions (WxDxH): 43x48x27cm, Control box, filter (100µ), remote control and trolley included, Instructions in French , 18m cable, WR000152
What is an efficient swimming pool robot?
An efficient pool robot is a device that allows you to have a clean and pleasant pool, ready to welcome you even before the first ray of sunshine. These robots, practical for vacuuming the bottom of the pool, are essential because there are not really other solutions to remove dust and sand. You weren’t going to do it by hand, right?
How to choose your pool robot? – Purchase guide
When you want to purchase a pool robot, there are many criteria that must be taken into consideration before making your choice. To help you make the right choice, I have detailed these features a bit. First, establish your budget then go through the following points:
Its power consumption
The pool robot is generally connected to your traditional electrical network. It can therefore sometimes be useful to think about getting an extension cord depending on the distance between your pool and the nearest outlet. This plug goes supply the robot with low voltage (12 or 24 volts). The bill you will have to pay will depend on the size of your pool, the operating time of the robot but also the hours during which you will operate it (peak hours or off-peak hours for example).
Whether it is maintaining an Olympic size swimming pool or a smaller pool, it is important to take into account the power of the filtration pump of the pool cleaner you select. The more powerful this pump, the less likely you will find impurities and residual stains along the walls.. It is therefore a criterion that should not be overlooked. Note that some models even have directional jets that allow you to optimize the cleaning work of your robot.
The choice of brush
When you choose a pool robot, it is essential to take into account the type of coating of our pool. And yes ! Some models are for example more suitable for liners. In this case, there are brushes with pimples or PVC lamellae. For smooth coatings (concrete), polyester shells or even tiling, foam brushes should be preferred.
Robot cleaning cycles
The robots offer different cleaning cycles. In general, the more sophisticated a robot model, the more cycles it will offer. The advantage of having several cycles available is that you can make your pool robot work in rather short cycles or in long cycles depending on the state of cleanliness of your pool. The simpler robot models usually only offer one cleaning cycle.
Its ability to move on all surfaces
Some pool robot models will stop at nothing and are real little climbers. Using their tracks or wheels, they can literally climb the walls of your pool to dislodge any dirt. Models can even reach the waterline, ensuring you have a spotless pool, ready for your best dives.
They are even sometimes equipped with sensors which allow them to avoid obstacles and memorize the size or shape of your pool. Sometimes the pool robot is supplied with a remote control giving you the possibility to move it manually and return to the area of your choice.
Why buy a swimming pool robot?
To have a spotless pool, it’s the bottom line.
When you choose your pool robot, also think practical. The weight of your pool robot is a criterion that it may be interesting to compare. It would be unfortunate to back you around while manipulating your robot. Remember that you have to be able to put the device in the water and also get it out. The lighter your robot, the easier it will be for you to move it.
The presence of the remote control is not always necessary if your pool is a fairly standard rectangular pool, for example. Most of the time there will be no need to come back behind him and that’s good because that’s exactly what is expected of him.
As I told you earlier, remember to check the length of the electric cable so as not to be surprised. This is especially important if the nearest electrical outlet is several hundred yards from your pool.
Also, don’t hesitate to compare the length and conditions of the warranty offered. Also be aware that some robots are very cautious and that it is not recommended to use them in cold water as this could damage the electronic systems of the device.
What is the price of a swimming pool robot?
The price of a robotic pool cleaner varies depending on performance. For a quality model, you need to plan between 400 and 700 €. For high-end models with more options, you need a budget of 700 to 1200 €. You should know that the rather long lifespan of a swimming pool robot perfectly justifies your investment.
I strongly advise you to choose a quality pool cleaner in order to be able to use it longer and to limit the drudgery.
Make sure you get a device that offers good value for money. It would be pointless to get a robot suitable for a 4 m2 swimming pool if yours is 20 m2 at the risk that your robot will spend hours without ever achieving the expected result.
How to use a swimming pool robot?
A pool robot is easy to use. First, you need to put the robot in the pool and then turn it on. Then let it roam or control it remotely if the model allows. Finally, empty the residue container and store it. All you have to do is enjoy your swimming pool.
Recommendation: As soon as you finish using it, it is better than to clean it.
Advantages & Disadvantages of a swimming pool robot
The model we recommend
Do not get lost in your choice on the internet. There are too many models to choose from. If you want a safe and suitable value, we strongly recommend the model below. It is for sale on amazon. Of course if the size of your pool is suitable.
When purchasing your pool robot, remember to take into account the different characteristics proposed above. This is an important choice because not every robot will necessarily be adapted to the specificity of your pond, nor to your level of requirement. Remember that the choice of power and coating must be one of the most important points of comparison and that some features may be dispensable depending on the result you expect from your robot.
Do not hesitate to go through the different models offered by the sales sites to form your own opinion, at least for me I have found the best pool robot that suits me.
Personally, I use the pool robot Hayward TIGERSHARK Quick Clean and it fulfills its function perfectly by cleaning all the walls. After his visit, the pool is immaculate and it’s great to know that he is working completely independently. This allows you to enjoy a clean swimming pool and above all to considerably reduce the time spent on maintenance.